The federal government has sponsored the initiative to clean all three main nullahs, including Mehmoodabad, Gujjar, and Orangi , according to Sindh Governor Imran Ismail.
The Real story
1. All three Nullahs, Mehmoodabad, Gujjar and Orangi are being funded by Federal government.
Fed Gov released Rs.35 billion to NDMA to get khi transformation plan started. I repeat 35 billion.
— Imran Ismail (@ImranIsmailPTI) July 12, 2021
The federal government has already authorized funding for the payment of Rs 15,000 per month rent to the victims of the anti-encroachment drive along these drains for a year, according to Sindh Governor Imran Ismail.
Imran Ismail tweets,
2. Rent for affectees for one year @ rate of Rs 15000/ per household per month has already been paid by Fed govt / NDMA to GoS/KMC. GoS & KMC r responsible to make payments in time. Despite timely payments to GoS/ KMC some families have not been paid on 1 pretext or the other.
3. Sufficient funds have been paid by Fed Gov/ NDMA to GoS/ KMC 4 removal of encroachments. However removal is very slow resultantly in such areas difficulty is being faced in accessing & cleaning of Nullahs. GoS & KMC should ensure removal of encroachments without further delay
4. While Fed Gov/NDMA is cleaning & revamping these three Nullahs, GoS took responsibility to clean remaining 41 KMC & 510 DMC Nullahs. KMC & DMC Nullahs are awaiting cleaning.
5. Effort for cleaning of Nullahs is going to fail unless GoS finds a solution to solid waste.